Wednesday, October 19, 2005

In study mode...

Been having a bit of a blog mental block recently. Probably as been doing not much every evening after work and on the weekend except for studying. What!? You might ask. Well, I find myself asking that too. Why put myself through all that again? The 6 examinations in 3 days written and 6 vivas again the following week in 4 days really bring back memories of all my undergraduate years. And this is equivalent to about 2-3 years of undergraduate study too. All condensed into 6 subjects. Eek! The more I think about it the crazier it seems.

I had some patients look at me funnily when I tell them I will be away next month as I have to take exams. " Oh! Aren't you a dentist yet?" They ask. For the faint hearted, I explain it is an additional Fellowship diploma type thing which is by a College formed by dental professors across Australia and Asia. For patients who enjoy a wicked sense of humour I say "Oh no not yet, you have just been guinea pigs for me the last 4 years. How do you think I'm doing?" ;)

My cousin (also a dentist)is going to take 4 weeks off to study for this but I just couldn't bring myself to take 6 whole weeks off work for many reasons. It might mean going back to eating baked beans atop 3 minute noodles for meals again. It might mean no name brand toilet paper (scratch scratch). It might mean looking for the cheapest item on the menu instead of looking at descriptions to guide what I feel like for dinner. Or it might mean poor Juan my boss being extremely overworked for 6 weeks and having a month of patients waiting when I get back.

Oh well ... here is a picture to take me to my happy place (yes I have a thing for cows). Hopefully you wil like it too.

2 Comments:

At 2:45 AM, Blogger KirkK said...

Oh My Rachel! That's a bunch of work! Best of luck to you, I'm sure it'll all work out.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Thank you kirk!! I am looking forward to the best feeling of all which is after exams ! Also will be in Sydney for 2 weeks so might get to have yummy stuff while staying there too.

Will be missing reading your blogs though but the dorms I am staying in will have internet access so hopefully won't be missing too much of the yummy stuff you've been eating ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home