Wednesday, October 05, 2005

One Year older ...

I turned a year older today. I can still tick the 25-29 bracket but only just ! The day went quite well. Work wasn't too stressful and the nice Singaporean woman who owns the "Hong Kong" chinese restaurant selling Aussie-fied Chinese meals, dropped over to my work some comforting home made soup and durian cakes. She didn't know it was my birthday but it was just a coincidence! We are kindred spirits I guess being one of 3 Singaporeans in this whole town. And she periodically brings food she has made over if she thinks I might like it. It was nice to have something special. My friend also made a sponge cake and dropped it over. Thats one of the really nice things about living in a country town. People drop stuff around and also drop over alot.

For dinner, Richard took me to a bistro attached to one of the motels in town. It had advertised a new chef so we decided to give it a go. We forgot the camera but were too lazy to drive the 5 minutes back to get it hehe. We had parmesan bread to start with which was good. I ordered a seafood risotto for a main and received a mountain of very rich, creamy and oily risotto with a single prawn, mussel and scallop. It did have a whole blue swimmer which was nicely barbequed I have to admit. The flavour of the risotto was nice and you could taste the hint of white wine. It was just very rich. The sad part was Richards main. He ordered Veal Parmigiana which was quite a small serve (only one small thin piece) smothered with cheese, and had some tomato sauce and a thin slice of eggplant on it. It was nice but small and the vegetables that came with it was defrosted frozen mixed veggies (the kind with peas and diced carrots that you use in fried rice mixtures) how scandalous !!! And it wasn't cheap either with his main being 21 dollars.

However, it was good that we got to try someplace new and for friends who care and the well wishes I had today from family and friends, far and near I am TRULY THANKFUL (to borrow from Jo's catch phrase)

3 Comments:

At 12:24 AM, Blogger KirkK said...

Happy Birthday Rachel! I hate when I get the frozen carrots and such in my food - other than fried rice, especially for the price you paid! But I'm glad that it didn't spoil you "special day".

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Thanks guys ! Glad I could have this journal to ponder with you all and reflect on. Wonder if blogspot will still be going in 10 years time !

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger m|chelle said...

hEy Rachel! didn know that it was ur bday last wk. well i dropped by to see how u were doin & to my surprise u've finally been blogging consistentlY! =D

anyways. happy belated birthday! may the Lord continue to add to ur faith in increasing measure, and of course, many more gd yrs to ur life!!

*hugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home