Tuesday, September 27, 2005

yaay !!!

To my relief, it wasn't me last night who was technologically challenged. It was the blog bot which was down so hence hopefully all and sundry can live our weekend vicariously through us, the same way I drool over clare and kirks food from eat stuff and mmm yoso blogs. My next step I have decided is to attempt putting links in this page as i am getting a bit more confident at the alphabet soup that is html.

I am "baching" or rather bacheloretting this week as Richard has gone to queensland to see his best mate. So what does one eat when one has lonely nights at home?? Everything one normally doesn't of course !!! I had extra spicy tom yum goong last night and I placed some frozen dumplings carefully transported the 4 hour drive from sydney in our previous trip in them :P~

On the menu tonight was roast lamb salad where I roasted a leg of lamb and carved it to have in a salad made with cherry tomatos, crumbled fetta, snow peas and stuffed olives in a mint and balsamic dressing. Richard doesnt like lamb so I don't usually make it. My handicapped oven with the guesstimate temperature dial played up and so my lamb was not as tender or juicy as I would have liked but it was ok :D

next post will prob include the hokkien mee recipe so if your interested, stay tuned !

4 Comments:

At 3:11 AM, Blogger KirkK said...

Rachel - I love lamb, as a matter of fact, I love pictures of roasted leg of lamb...hint, hint!!

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

hehe I love lamb too unfortunately, I didn't take a pic of it. It was covered in a rosemary and olive oil and dried chilli flake baste though, if you want to picture it :P Its spring here in oz so its prime lamb time. I was honoured a few years ago when I first moved here and some folks invited me to dinner and killed the fatted lamb that very morning !!! It was so fresh and tender. I had to avoid the eyes of the sheep driving through the paddock on the way home though :/

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger KirkK said...

Hi Rachel - I'm sure felt really baa-a-a-a-a-d! Sorry, really bad pun, couldn't control myself!

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger eat stuff said...

HELLLOOOOOOOOOOO

YAY!!! so glad you are updating... so sorry that I missed you... oops

But I get to see you next weekend YAY :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home