Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Naked Lady Cowra


This is a photo of the mosaic and statues forming the back wall for the outdoor water feature at the Naked Lady. The cafe is a well decorated spot, featuring both an outdoor and an indoor water feature. Everything here is available for sale, from the potted plants surrounding the tables and outdoor area, to various garden decorations scattered throughout. The cafe raised a buzz when it first started, one of the reasons was due to its icon; a sillhouette of a lady, with three strategically placed small flowers. After a while it bubbled over and has become an accepted part of the town, it serves breakfast and lunch seven days but can be hired for late functions as well.
This was my brunch, the nudie burger. I missed out the important part that the pattie was going to be made of BEANS. I only saw burger, chargrilled veggies, pesto and cheese and went Bingo!! I'll have that thanks. So I got a rude shock when the pattie arrived looking as un-beefy like as it could. The saving grace was that it was extremely tasty ... it just kept sticking to the roof of my mouth. The pesto was also very creamy and didn't taste much of basil. The char grilled vegetables were very nice. Overall I enjoyed my lunch but found it a bit too rich and greasy. It was also very large and I ended up giving my chips to Richard, and still couldn't finish it.
Richard ordered this salt and pepper squid. It was very tender but it didn't have enough salt or pepper in it to jazz up the batter. The salad was nice and fresh but was sans dressing. A suace looking suspiciously like my "pesto" sat in a dish on the plate. It is unknown if it was meant to be a dip or a dressing.
This was B's choice, the farmyard sambo (aussie for sandwich) it had ploughmans bread, chicken, bacon and mushrooms plus other veggies. A simple hearty meal for any boy or girl next door.
This was J's choice, supposedly southern fried chicken strips with salad served with chilli-lime and pepper dressing. I wanted to point out that it looked like a cut up large crumbed chicken schnitzel. The dressing was also a bit strange. Overall it worked but they could have given it a different name. All meals were about $15 which, for Australia and for this town was pretty average. It made for a very relaxing venue and location. It is defintely a place to go on a nice day, just make sure you have lots of time.

The Naked Lady Cafe Cowra 14 Railway Lane. Phone 6341 1455

7 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Blogger Adelaide Gamer said...

Made me feel hungry just viewing it even late at night over here at Adelaide.

Though only thing I previously knew about Cowra was the Breakout - even though I lived in Corowa for awhile!

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger KirkK said...

Hi Rachel - Really great photos! Now let's see naked, umm nudie, chips, err fried chicken strips...... All in the same post!

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Hi Pleader! Thanks for your visit. You know a lot more about Cowra than most! :) People always seem to mix corowa and cowra! I hope your next gig goes well :)

LOL Kirk!!! Trust you to be the one to notice that

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Man, my dad basically LIVES at the Naked Lady! Most days you'll see him rock up sometime in the morning for a double shot cappucino (in his own special mug of course) and a smoke on the old pipe. I love having lunch there! My favourite is the grilled chicken burger. Oh and it's possible that I am to blame for the salt and pepper squid not being so salt and peppery... one time I ordered it and there was so much pepper in it that I couldn't eat much of it - even mum had problems! But there are 2 different chefs there too, so you can imagine that things are done a little differently with both. I also like the fact that they have big meals considering the price - it's value for money at least... sometimes I can finish it, other times I let dad finish it for me!

Anyhoo, good to see you back in blogland!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger RONW said...

never had a bean burger myself. One thing though, I like how the burger is on top of the veggies. Usually if they use sliced tomatos and lettuce, they put the lettuce and tomato, on top of the burger. Believe me, makes a difference with the burger (with cheeze or 'pesto') contacting the top bun. Probably why too the bean burger stuck to the roof of your mouth.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Wai Mun said...

Hi there!

Let me introduce myself, I'm Paul, the owner of recipes365.net, I started this weblog recently to showcase a recipe a day everyday. I was wondering would you be interested to be a recipe contributor?

Regards. Paul.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Hi Katie yeah I do have to agree overall its good value for the price. Glad that you like it too :)
Everyone else except me ordered coffees and they said they were very good. I had a iced chocolate but it was quite sweet.

Ron!! I agree with you a 100% about how the way burgers and sandwiches are arranged can affect the overall enjoyment of the burger! Hehe good theory on the bean-pattie.

Milly it has got to be a pretty tasty burger get to halfway before noticing there is no meat in it! :)
I think nowadays cafes are more dilligent with how they present the fod so, I guess I had easy "subjects" to work with in photography. There is a lot to be said about foodp0rn ;) It can really ignite ones imagination!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home