Sunday, March 05, 2006

I'm back!!

Just a short post to say that I enjoyed the 2 weeks of lectures but it will only be the beginning of 2 years of work. My first clinicals start in June ... a bit late but my nearest and dearest has volunteered to be my pin cushion as I practice cannulating. I didn't take too many from the hospital so hopefully will get it right in the first few gos!

We had a few turns practicing on each other. I got out of it as I was told they could only feel very "small veins". I will have to ponder that one. I think they just didn't want me fainting on their hands as I told them that I had fainted when giving blood. Its fine as long as it isn't my own!!

I have graphic pictures (ok not that graphic) and stories but its late at night so off to bed now. Will fiddle with software from my new mobile (cell) phone so i can upload some pictures. I love new technology! It even still has the new technology smell fresh from the factory ... *sniff*

I have been thinking about setting up a separate blog for clinical and dental cases and keeping this to food, life, travel and musings. I would appreciate some comments to see what people think.

7 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger Dr. Mommy, D.D.S. said...

welcome back to the blogging world, doc! what was your two week internship in? are you doing IV sedation cases? go for it!!!

i like the idea of a clinical dentistry blog, as i've looked for some online but haven't been able to find any that have been updated recently or that are not plugs for the host's own private practice. that sounds like a really cool idea, actually... the dental anomaly blog, where we can talk about all the wackos and freak cases canuck and i have seen! i wonder how many hits we would get...

when i have more time, i have to tell you about a patient my husband just treated who's threatening to sue, with no basis for a case, of course. this is the first time it's ever happened to him, and it's a doozy....

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger KirkK said...

Welcome back Rachel - I've missed your posts.

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger RONW said...

ditto....

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger Dentist Down Under said...

Hey Rachel, that's a good idea. I like to know I'm normal and not whinging too much. :p

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Flatfeet said...

Rachel Jie, quick quick post that yan dao pic on blog. I can't wait to salivate looking at his pic ;p

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

Hi doc mommy!
Yeah I think I will probably start one :D maybe we can do a "rounds" once a month with DDU and any other dentists who might care to join us.
Eek on the news about your hubby. I really hope it works out ok. Things like that can be so stressful!

Thank you Kirk, and I yours.

ditto to Ron too ;)

DDU hope I get to see more action from your end soon! May your internet connection arrive shortly. I miss your whinging haha.

Flatfeet! I will need to mail you that pic hehe so you can drool about him. I can't post it up for privacy reasons. He might sue me or something!!

 
At 3:24 AM, Blogger Dentist Down Under said...

rachel I want that pic too! haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home