Thursday, February 24, 2005

Fresh prawns

One thing you need to deal with living in the country is the lack of fresh seafood. If you are a seafood lover, don't even think about moving to the country as the nearest coastline from here is 320 kms away. My lifesaver is someone whom I call the Seafood man. He arrives in sydney from his truck every Thursday at noon and does the local area, staying in each town for a few hours at a time. He has the best prawns ! However, I do miss freshly shucked oysters, balmain bugs etc. He has a little whiteboard of the stock he is carrying for the day and you just pick from that. Thankfully the fish is varied. I have had hopes that fish can taste as different as pork, beef, chicken etc. but so far I can't tell the difference between ling, bream and hake. Salmon and tuna are a whole different story though. Most of the time, fish is fish to me.

2 Comments:

At 12:26 AM, Blogger eat stuff said...

Those prawns are bloody good!

You had better keep posting now... ok!
xxxx
Clare

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger eat stuff said...

I am sorry rachel, I tried your template is different from mine, so I took it out. YOu will have to ask eagle prof to be all romantic and do it for you
xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home