Saturday, May 31, 2008

Beetles on Darling Harbour

Parents arrived last week and it was pretty busy preparing the house for visitors and then having them stay and then also going to Sydney with them for a long weekend while at the same time attending a dental symposium at Sydney's Darling Harbour.

On the first day they drove here from Sydney, they bought quite a spread from the Sydney fish markets. I just stir fried some veggies (cabbage, long beans,capsicum) in sambal chilli and used my pressure cooker to make a ginseng chicken soup in 30 minutes. They bought 4 half lobster mornay (only $12.50 each) some battered soft shell crab, seafood cakes, battered barramundi, and assorted chinese roast meats, namely duck, suckling piglet and roast pork.


Here are some pictures of Darling harbour I took while at the Convention Centre for my symposium.

Managed to coincide on the Saturday with the celebration of the 70th birthday of the Volkswagen Beetle.


Aeriel shot from the second floor where our convention was...

Being beetles, the engine is the back.
Original "breadbox" all surf and camping ready...
Trunk in the front.


Haha this ibis was found wandering the foodcourt in search of food scraps.


Night shots with my new Panasonic tz3. At times like these, really do miss Sydney and I think it has one of the prettiest harbours in the world.



Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 1:44 AM, Blogger KirkK said...

Hi Rachel - LOL! I kept scouring that first photo looking for a "bug dish"....(slap to my forhead)! ;o)

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Flatfeet said...

Hey nice night shots!I wish my camera is as 'powerful' as yours. Or maybe I just couldn;t figure out the best settings for night pics. Anyway, I'm planning to buy the ticket to sydney by next week before the prices start soaring *again*

Missing u here
FF x

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

LOL Kirk ! wish I had the "bug experience" you did! the lobsters are kinda distantly related to the bugs though ;) Or the volkswagens are also known as bugs :P

FF I think you need a longer exposure time and a tripod :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home