Friday, September 01, 2006

Something to ponder

Still haven't been too well ... also hurt my shoulder on Monday night doing a ninja roll in my Jujitsu class ouch ...Everything was looking schmick until then. I know its a bit late in life to start but its amazing how your body learns stuff when you keep practicing. I'm only a beginner but its pretty fun and its interesting learning some stuff you see on TV. I don't know if I'll keep at it long enough to get a high grading due to work commitments and stuff. Also, its interesting how you feel you can do anything until you injure yourself, and then all that self doubt creeps in. But for the meantime, I'll still enjoy it ... when my shoulder eventually recovers from that shock.

Anyway, heres a poster from Shanghai to ponder ...



Stay tuned

7 Comments:

At 3:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, those dishes look great! I wish we had such great food over here in Canada.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Dr. Mommy, D.D.S. said...

i happen to like "crad" ovaries, but i'm not too keen on the digestive organs (if you overcook them they can become quite chewy).

"crb" and "crad" are genetically related, but "crb" doesn't have ovaries.

hope that answers all your questions.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Flatfeet said...

rachel jie: how yummy are those stuffings?? their english cannot make it man!!!

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

I didn't happen to try those dumplings, however, we did enjoy a few crab dishes while there.

Doc mommy, have you really tried crad ermm I mean crab ovaries? How do you know what are the digestive organs?? Are you just sitting there giggling to yourself because you are just pulling my leg?

Flatfeet, the place was very very crowded so we decided to give these dumplings a miss.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger KirkK said...

Oh My - What Engrish!!! And no fried pork rectum to be found?

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Juliet said...

I think 'crad' ovaries are the soft yellow roe that you get in female crabs. No idea what the digestive organs are, though. Hope your shoulder is feeling better!

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Dr. Mommy, D.D.S. said...

rachel.... what do you think???

(giggle, giggle ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home