Sunday, September 24, 2006

Assignments !!!

Ack same old problem of "should have started earlier" now I have to churn out 2 x 2000 word and 1 x 5000 word essay by 1st october. Glad that it can be emailed so I will probably send it at 11:59 am on the 1st ;) I have started but I can say that it is much harder than pulling teeth. Which by the way is an incorrect expression as teeth aren't really pulled out. They are elevated and the periosteal bone around it is stretched and the socket expanded before the tooth is finally extracted. But I digress...

We just spent a nice little break in the Blue Mountains which are the mountain ranges dividing the eastern seaboard from the country plains in New South Wales. It is full of little quaint towns with cute shops and cafes. We stayed at a historic hotel, the Hydro Majestic which was completed in 1904. It is rich with olde world charm and has been decorated with furniture reminiscent of that era. Will post pics of that too and the great food at a wonderful restaurant with similar fare to a restaurant dear to our stomachs,Neila. This restaurant, Ashcrofts was recently awarded a chefs had by the SMH good food guide (Sydney version of New York's Zagats) and the food was definitely not over-rated either. But more on that too after I finish the shanghai backlog (!)

Oh well back to my assignment now ... *sigh*

2 Comments:

At 12:42 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Hey Rach!

Was good to see you at WKC - I'm in COwra and heading back to Sydney on Wednesday, but I think I'll be passing through during the day when you'll presumably be working. Argh, timing is crucial!!

All the best for those assignments... I always do better at the last minute - there's nothing like a deadline fast approaching to get you off your butt! :)

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Flatfeet said...

JIA YOU JIA YOU JIA YOU

 

Post a Comment

<< Home